Monday, September 6, 2010

CRAZY 2 WEEKS!

Well, my last post was 2 weeks ago after Madison's first day of kindergarten. Thankfully, Day 2 was MUCH better.  We found her little friend (and her mommy - who's a friend of mine) in the morning "line up" and I mentioned how Madison was a little hurt when the little girl didn't remember Madi.  My friend said that her daughter told her about what happened the day before and she thought that she recognized her but wasn't sure.  When we "re-introduced" the two girls, all was right with the world!  Lunch time was a lot better since Madison knew what to expect, and I packed a sandwich instead.  When I picked her up on day 2... she was furious with me that I had come so EARLY!  Go figure!  By the end of the week, she said that she wanted to be a big girl and do the morning drop off all by herself.  I thought that I would have at least a few more weeks before that request came, but alas I allowed her to get out of the car and go with her friends, and for me to just drive away.  I cried a bit, as I realized that my little girl is gaining more independence every day.   All in all it was a successful first week of school.

Last weekend was spent participating in the annual Berry Way Block Sale.  It's actually a really fun event.   The majority of our street pulls out their "wares" and sells them in our block sale.  The street almost shuts down to traffic and the kids run free. Many antiques and treasures can be found.  Even the kids get in on the action.  Many of them have Lemonade and baked goods for the shoppers.  My parents joined us this year and we all were able to get rid of some things and make some cash at the same time.  Madison was barely around as she played with the neighbor kids, and Samantha enjoyed hanging around with Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Grampy and Uncle Phil.

Last week felt like things were back to normal as we settled into a "routine"  PRAISE GOD!  I am so happy!  Madison is doing well adjusting to full time school, and she loves it!  Last Thursday at Chapel, she received a "Principal's Award" for being kind and thoughtful to others, and for listening so well!  We are so very proud of her!  Another milestone for Madison is that she has her very first loose tooth!  Of course I'll be updating here as soon as the tooth is gone!  Madison is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Tooth Fairy.  She's very curious as to what "present" she will leave behind!

Samantha is enjoying her time of being an "only child" when Madison is at school, although as soon as she wakes up from her nap, she runs to the door saying "sissy, sissy"  Whatever Madison does, Samantha is trying to emulate.  Wherever Madison is...Samantha isn't far behind.  She definitely loves her big sister. 

This past weekend was a well deserved relaxing one.  After many many weeks and weekends of going, going, going, we were finally able to rest.  We started the weekend with a pizza night and dancing around to some tunes and then a Mommy, Daddy, Madi date of watching Camp Rock - even Uncle Phil was able to join us!

Saturday I caught up on laundry and housework, and the girls and Daniel played games and hung out.  Sunday we went to church, had an enjoyable brunch out and then did a little shopping and finally home for nap time.  We then went back out after we were all rested and enjoyed the beautiful summer evening.  Today, we just VEGGED!  Even the girls woke up late!  We ended up giving Mikie and Ollie much needed baths and then went out for our last "summer" yogurt.  It was an uneventful, yet perfect weekend for us.  Now, back to reality...work and school.  Tomorrow will be here before I know it!
~JRM~

No comments: